Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Barn Quilt Spotted


My wife came home, several weekends ago, from a visit to her local quilt shop to inform me that she saw a 8' x 8' barn quilt hanging in front of their quilt shop.  Wow, another barn quilt in Connecticut and it's not mine?!?!  I just had to check it out.  So, I stopped by today, with camera in hand, to look at it. 



The design pattern is called Lone Star.  I was told that the barn quilt was made using floor underlayment, which is usually a very thin material.  According to the owner's husband, who made the barn quilt, said that the underlayment was ease to work with and handle.  The next photo is a closer view of the barn quilt. 


This is the first 8' x 8' barn quilt that I know of in Connecticut.  If you are in Connecticut and would like to stop by to see this barn quilt, it is located at Lisa's Clover Hill Quilts, 27 Webster Hill Rd, Berlin, CT.   With any luck, there will be more quilts like this appearing around the State and we could have an OFFICIAL Barn Quilt Trail!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment